The Purcell Mountain Range makes up the very Northeast section of the the Idaho Panhandle. Most of the area is rugged and remote, but also holds many amazing high country rides. These are not easy rides, but the challenges are filled with rewards.
|Buckhorn Ridge Trail|
Greasy Fingers Bikes has rented out the Snyder Guard Station, Sept 23-25th, which sits in the middle of the Purcells and is close to many of the epic rides in the area. You can read all about Snyder's history in the link, but basically it is a 10 acre compound used by the Forest Service from 1906-1982. Now retired, you can rent the Guard Station for events. The Guard Station sits right on the banks of the Moyie River and has a main ranger house, 2 cabins (3-4 beds/per), a tent camp area (3 tents max), a camp trailer area (6 individual spots), a cookhouse, a 50x30' covered picnic/event area, campfire rings, horseshoe pit, running water, flushable toilets and showers.
Here is what you need to know:
- Reservation is required, 24 people max allowed at Snyder. Please specify if you would like a tent site (3 available), trailer site (6 available) or cabin bed in one of the 2 bunkhouses (7 available).
- Cost is $35/per person for the event.
- Times: You can arrive any time after 3pm on Saturday, and must be moved out of Snyder by 12am on Monday.
- What's included in cost? A place to sleep for 2 nights and access to all amenities, dinner Sat & Sun nights, breakfast Sun & Mon morning, beer from keg, shuttle for rides Sun & Mon.
- No dogs allowed.
- Rides for Sun & Mon will depend on group. Choices included, but not limited to: Ruby Ridge, Deer Ridge, Sidehill, Danquist and Buckhorn Ridge.
- To register, simply email Brian@Greasy
- FingersBikes.com with number of people and preferred sleeping arrangement. You are welcome to mail or swing a check by the shop, or for a few dollars extra we can email you a link to pay online through Eventbrite.
Here are some pics of the Guard Station:
|main ranger house|
|map of compound|